Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] pwlib assertion failure

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 05:55:11PM -0800, vim poweruser wrote:
> hi,
> i have redhadt 7.1
> i have got gnomemeeting to work,
> but when i connect to a netmeeting client
> i get the first video fram,
> then gnomemeeting just freezes.
> and i get the following message on
> console from where  i start gnomemeeting
> channels.cxx(537)   PWLib   Assertion fail: Transmit
> media thread did not terminate
>
> <A>bort, <C>ore dump, <I>gnore?
>
> what the heck is this ?

Well, I never encountered this problem after one frame.
But some users (Enzo will confirm this), had that assertion
fail at the end of a call with old versions of pwlib.
Make sure that you are not using an old version of pwlib (perhaps
that there are several versions of pwlib concurrently installed on
your system.)

> i have correctly installed pwlib and openh...
> also what is being natted ?

Being behin a NAT gateway, with a private IP address instead of a public
one. I think it is a good summary ;-)

> how do i know which sound driver i use
> alsa or oss ?

try lsmod as root.
see if some modules begin with "snd-".
If they do, you are running alsa, if they don't you are running
the kernel modules.
Notice that perhaps no sound modules are loaded and that it disturbs
PWLib.