[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: GM RPM install for RH

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll answer my own damn post.  I am so P.O'ed to think that I couldn't
even follow some lousy instructions.

Ok, here's the deal you guys, just in case anyone out there is as dense
as I am.  Listen up.  This is how you fix the openssl issues that do
indeed exist on Redhat 7.1.  Stated slightly differently, Alex's
instructions were correct if only I had payed attention to the EXACT
file names he used.

There is a "Rawhide" RPM available from RPMfind called
openssl096-0.9.6-6.i386.rpm.  Notice the subtle difference between that
name and the already installed openssl file, openssl-0.9.6-9.i386.rpm.
It's the Rawhide file (which is a compatibility file) that must be used
in order to get the upgrade to work.  So the full command is:

rpm -Uvh openssl-0.9.6b-8.i386.rpm openssl096-0.9.6-6.i386.rpm

This is covered at the openssl development site.  At least it seemd to
work for me.  When I then installed the pwlib-devel RPM, I didn't
receive one stinking error.  YAY!!!!!

Now, where's that Gnomemeeting RPM at...  :)