Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [DRAFT] Organization of the "find contact" task

On Mon, 29 May 2006 11:21:04 +0200
Julien PUYDT <jpuydt free fr> wrote:

> *) why is there no "GmContact" anymore ? Because it just can't exist.
> There's so little in common between all we can put in an addressbook
> that it's better for each to manage its own stuff. For example we have
> the SIP roster contacts which will come with presence, as the XMPP
> contacts. But the avahi contacts won't. The XMPP contacts will have a
> notion of being authorized, etc.

Then what's the "common base" of all contacts? There must be something
like that, if I want to operate a contact in a general manner. Or it
ends up in something like ::Connect(getcontactsSIPaddress(foocontact)) -
but there's still at least "something" (foocontact). A struct with a
defined head and the rest union? (I know those details shouldn't be in
the design-stage, but take it as it is).

> *) How would drag'n drop work ?

Using the information common to all types of contacts.

--
I know life sometimes can get tough! and I know life sometimes can be a
drag!