[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] debian/ubuntu metadata was Re: a Voip rant

Kilian,

Thank you for the explanation.  It just shows how little I understand
about deb package metadata.  There is a price to be paid for the
simplicity of apt, and that price is paid by the packagers.

It seems there is no 'best' way to deal with a name change, though
Hannes idea sounds interesting.  I hopethat approach has a means of
eventually retiring the stub.  In a year, gnomemeeting should be
forgotten like the firebird browser.

Best, David