Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [TOO LONG] Improving the dbus component after 2.0

Hi Jan,

Am Donnerstag, den 16.03.2006, 21:45 +0100 schrieb Jan Schampera:
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:49:49 +0100
> Kilian Krause <kk verfaction de> wrote:
>
> > > 3) I would like some way to have access to the addressbooks through
> > > dbus, through a  net.ekiga.addressbooks interface. I'm not sure yet
> > > how to do it  properly, but still, here are some ideas.
> >
> > as long time ago the idea was to use e-d-s for contacts, what's their
> > approach to this? Aren't we duplicating the work?
>
> It would allow applications to access the contacts, that can't talk to
> EDS.

which would be a kinda small percentage as I do remember EDS should
become freedesktop.org standard. Thus, is there any benefit putting this
onto the current TODO? Anyone know about how EDS developers see DBUS
support on their schedule?

--
Best regards,
 Kilian