[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] LDAP VoIP URL attributes and authenticated LDAP access

Hi,

Just wondering a couple of things about LDAP support.

We have a number of people with VOIP URLs in our office's shared address book but it cannot be accessed without athenticating using your username/password.

Is it possible/planned to provided authenticated LDAP address books? Is there an unofficial patch somewhere perhaps?

Also, say we have a company wide LDAP server as above, and want to assign friendly names to our VoIP numbers can we do something similar to speeddials but with the information in LDAP? e.g. I dial "sip:myname#" just now for speedials, but how about an option in the ldap directory settings for speeddial attribute? That way, Ekiga can check the Local Address Book's speeddials, then try any LDAP address books that have this attribute set, then just send what I typed to the server as is if no matches are found?

One last thign.... what LDAP attribute does Ekiga look for to display as VoIP URL?? Couldn't find any info there.... will hunt through the code if needs be but figure someone may just know!

Cheers

Col.