Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Registration error after resume - Ekiga has to be killed

Damien Sandras a écrit :

Hi,

Le samedi 25 février 2006 à 13:59 +0100, Daniel Huhardeaux a écrit :
Hi all,

I face a problem when the laptop resume from hibernate: Ekiga was running at the moment I hibernate the notebook. Version of Ekiga is 20060222

Ekiga still show registered to the GW but that's not true. In general logs, I have "13:31:02 Échec de l'enregistrement : Délai dépassé" (Registered failed, timeout).

Usually, I opened the account window, uncheck/check the account and Ekiga got registered again. Now, I have an error on unchecking "13:32:12 Échec de l'annulation de l'enregistrement : Délai dépassé" (Failed to cancel registration, timeout) and can't get anymore registered :-(

In preferences, the iface+IP are the good ones. What is also to notice is that in Ekiga main window, everything is showed as if I was well registered and ready to pass a call.

I can use Ekika normally, open all tabs and windows etc... but I'm unable to close Ekiga, it hungs and I have to kill it :-( Launching it again and everything is ok.

Screenshot is here http://ftp2.tootai.net/shots/Ekiga-RegisterError.jpg

Sorry, we do not support suspend/resume at the moment. It will be
supported correctly when we will add support for HAL, but due to limited
ressources, it won't happen soon.
Hi Damien,

sorry but I can't accept this answer. It's a _related_ problem of suspend/resume, but not a problem of S/R. One week ago or so it was working like described.

In my mind, the information about "Failed to cancel registration" should *NOT* block Ekiga in trying to register again. And as stated above, this behaviour appears in the last update. Following your mind, all of us using Ekiga on notebooks should close/open Ekiga before or after suspend/resume instead of opening the account window and uncheck/check the GW account to registrer again. It's a step backward :-(
--
Daniel