Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Registration failure after resume

Damien Sandras a écrit :

[...]

I think I found: it's zeroconf related. I don't know how you get the IP address from the workstation on which Ekiga is running, but this is what I have:

nomade:/etc# ip addr show wlan0
4: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast qlen 1000
   link/ether 00:0f:66:59:08:fe brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
   inet 169.254.90.168/16 scope link wlan0
   inet 192.168.10.4/24 brd 192.168.10.255 scope global wlan0
nomade:/etc#

OPAL is connecting to the first inet address from interface (here wlan0). Here is part of man ip:

[...]

scope SCOPE_VALUE
the scope of the area where this address is valid. The available scopes are listed in file
             /etc/iproute2/rt_scopes.  Predefined scope values are:

                     global - the address is globally valid.

site - (IPv6 only) the address is site local, i.e. it is valid inside this site.

link - the address is link local, i.e. it is valid only on this device.

                     host - the address is valid only inside this host.

As you see, the first IP is _link_ so valide only this device. To have a normal behaviour, OPAL should take the first
*global* IP

Latest CVS is able to specify the IP on which you want to listen.
Great, thanks.

Notice the behavior you describe is probably not new.
It is, but thats the magic of software evolution and to run SID: one day this is the default rule, the other one we apply another one :-) Sure that people runing Sarge or Breezy don't have such problems ;-)
--
Daniel