Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [BUG] significant white noise background if callling from landline over asterisk

Johnny Strom a écrit :

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le lundi 20 février 2006 à 18:37 +0100, Kilian Krause a écrit :

2.

subject.

condition: echocancel set to off

if switched on, noise is gone.

echocancel seems to have various funny effects. It's new code and from
what I have heard so far, it's quite far from perfect. So disabling it
is probably the safe bet here.

I was not aware of this. How come the main developer is not aware of
problems in echo cancellation?

Hello

Damien I told you about that the other day on IRC, Lotte and I had problems with the sound when echo cancel was on.
The sound was breaking up.
But when we disabled echo cancelation so was it fine.
We used speex wideband as codec.

We could test more after fosdem.

When I use sipdiscount so is it working fine with echo cancelation active so it is not all the time that there are problems with it.

Cheers Johnny

Sipdiscount isn't using speex, g711 and seems only alaw. Try again with Lotte and disabling speex, only g711, echo cancelation on.
--
Daniel