[Fwd: Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] voice distorted/broken with at least x-ten peers]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] voice distorted/broken with at least	x-ten peers
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:14:15 +0100
From: Daniel Huhardeaux <devel tootai net>

thomas schorpp a écrit :

>hi

Halo Thomas

>just phoned with my father who is using x-lite on winxp.
>
>speex(narrowband) coded outbound voice distorted...totally scrambled.
>
>gsm codec acceptable.
>
>other codecs unusable scrambled voice too or no common codec on handshake found.
>
>could you pls test ekiga cvs with popular proprietary peers and report on codecs interop/compat?
>

>From test that I made some times ago, gsm, g711u and g711a are the best
codecs to use between UA's (GM and XLite included). iLBC is good but not
always stable. Speex never convince me.

If you want to reach landlines phone, g711u and g711a are mandatory,
some GW's add also gsm beside g729 (proprietary) and more and more g726

All of my friends using Xlite have gsm, ulaw and alaw activated, that's
all. And no problem to phone them with Ekiga in direct or through an
Asterisk server.
--
Daniel