[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New feature, recording videoconference

Hello everybody!

    I have a proposal of a new feature for ekiga, recording audio/videoconference into mpeg file. I know there are alternatives to do so, such as using external screen saver to capture the window, but I think it could be better to do it integrated in ekiga. Do you think it is possible? I don´t have experience in GTK+ but I hope with your help I will be able to make it done.

    I have started looking ekiga source to see how it works, this is what I have found. In src/endpoint/manager.cpp (line 1338) you can find the method SavePicture that takes a snapshot, it calls gm_main_window_get_current_picture in Main.cpp (line 4352).  This method ask for the image of the main window.  I wonder if exists something like gm_main_window_get_video, I have read the GTK doc (http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/gtk/GtkImage.html) but I haven`t  found a method that get the video stream or something like that.

#manager.cpp line 1338
void
GMManager::SavePicture (void)
{
  pic = gm_main_window_get_current_picture (main_window);

    gdk_pixbuf_save (pic, filename, "png", NULL, NULL);
  }
}

#main.cpp line 4352
GdkPixbuf *
gm_main_window_get_current_picture (GtkWidget *main_window)
{
  GmWindow *mw = NULL;
  g_return_val_if_fail (main_window != NULL, NULL);
  mw = gm_mw_get_mw (main_window);
  g_return_val_if_fail (mw != NULL, NULL);
  return gtk_image_get_pixbuf (GTK_IMAGE (mw->main_video_image));
}

Does anybody know the best aproach to accomplish the recording?

Thanks in advance,
Alejandro.