Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] snapshot rpms

Hi Malcolm,

> I have been compiling the snapshot .src.rpms on my fedore core 4 box.
>
> One thing to note: these rpms do compile as a normal user.  The reason
> is scrollkeeper-update tries to
> modify /var/lib/scrollkeeper/scrollkeeper_docs .
>
> RPMS really should not be compiled as root.
>
> I don't know what the real fix is but I add
> --disable-scrollkeeper to the ./configure to get around this.

That's what I do with my snapshot rpms too. I had a bit of a hunt
around in some FC packages and it seems that this is the way to do it.
I seem to remember Damien was going to add something to the FAQ about
it when I discovered it a while back.

Pete