Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Some GM Bits

Hi Peter,

Le mardi 24 mai 2005 à 23:59 +0100, Peter Robinson a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> I know its still in dev and all that but playing just now I picked up
> some bits I thought you could add to the wiki so as to use it as a
> tracker.

Sure, I will first answer here. Then I will put the relevant items in
the wiki (I have to update it to get help from Miguel and Julien).

> - Preferences. Should there not be a single apply button at the bottom
> of the entire dialog instead of just some of the tabs having it, with
> the possibility of there being a cancel button too.

No, that is against the GNOME HIG policy; all settings should be
instant-apply when possible. When it is not possible, an Apply button
should be placed in the frame containing the settings for which
instant-apply is not feasible.

> - Prefs/Network Settings. This sort of goes under the NAT page in that
> they are all Network Settings.

or the NAT page would go in Network settings, agreed!

> - Prefs/Audio Devs. Can we add a button there (like in the druid) for
> testing audio (same goes for NAT as well)

ok for this.

> - There doesn't appear to be an application icon in the top left of
> the main window.

ok for this too.

> - Will the PC-to-phone account dialog be eventually merged with the
> other account dialog? I think it will confuse users having two
> 'Accounts' dialogs.

yes

> - Due to the size of the status bar some messages are too long for it.
> Eg when I first entered my SIP account and clicked OK it failed to
> register for some reason I couldn't see because the error was too
> long. Can we use a tool tip or something if we hover over the status
> bar?

excellent idea!

> - Registration failed straight after adding the account but was OK
> after a quit as restart (see last comment)

I need to check this, it doesn't happen here. I will try to reproduce it
and fix it.

> Some of these you may already be aware of (I know ages ago I mentioned
> the test buttons from the druid in Prefs) but I thought I'd add them.

Yes, actually, the GUI is now more a proof of concept. I have spent most
of my time on OPAL. It is not my code, so I'm coding slower on OPAL than
on GM. I think I will code again on GM itself pretty soon. I will also
try to reorganize the "GM helpers team" to motivate me :)

> Its looking pretty cool :-)

Thanks for your tests and "encouragements"!