[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: CVS images and SIP

Alan Milligan schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, I'm still a bit of an IP telephony novice.
>
> I'm keen to add a digital phone API to our helpdesk suite, and am
> thinking to use gnomemeeting and Asterisk to do this.  While it appears
> gnomemeeting doesn't support AIX, the cvs snapshots support SIP :)
>
> I've RPM packaged yesterday's snapshots into our Linux distro,
> (https://linux.last-bastion.net/RPC2/up2date/voip - which I can make
> available widely if there's interest...), but am unsure about how to
> make SIP calls.
>
> I have an account with iptel.org, and with seconix.com, and would like
> to know how to call another colleague's iptel.org sip address - it
> appears to me that the url's are all being prepended with h323, and not
> using SIP at all.
>
> I'm also interested to know if someone can point me to some doco about
> how to get gnomemeeting talking to an Asterisk server, and whether or
> not Asterisk can do callcentre style queueing/routing or if I need a
> gatekeeper (eg gnugk - recommendations?)
>
> Our suite does have future commercial potential, and I do encourage any
> expert's hanging out here to register interest in getting involved.
>
> TIA, Alan
>
> FYI, gnomemeeting's configure.in needs to have the pwlib and openh323
> library versions updated (I believe these should be 1,9.1 and 1.17.2
> respectively):
>
> perl -pi -e
> 's/OPENH323_REC_VERSION="1.15.3"/OPENH323_REC_VERSION="1.17.2"/;'
> configure.in
> perl -pi -e 's/PWLIB_REC_VERSION="1.8.4"/PWLIB_REC_VERSION="1.9.1"/;'
> configure.in
>
> Also I discovered some wierdness in detecting IXJ support as well (my
> version of cut is from coreutils-5.2.1-31):
>
> perl -pi -e 's/openh323buildopts.h \| grep "HAS_IXJ 1" \| cut
> -f2/openh323buildopts.h \| grep "HAS_IXJ 1" \| cut -f3/;' configure.in

How to make SIP calls?

1. Choose the correct network interface in Edit->Preferences->Network
Settings->Listen On.
Also setup IP translation or (!) STUN if needed. If you don't know what
to do with these settings leave them as they are for now.

2. Set up your accounts on Edit->Accounts.
Click on Add and enter your account data.
You can freely choose an account name.
Protocol should be SIP.
Registrar is your SIP server ( example: sip.qsc.de ).
In the most cases Relam is the same as your SIP server ( in my case it
was qsc.de and not sip.qsc.de ).
User name and password represent your login data.

3. Now click OK.

4. Check the A-Checkbox just left of the account name in the account
list. This makes gnomemeeting register automatically when it is started.

5. Click OK.

Now quit gnomemeeting and start it with LC_ALL=C gnomemeeting -d4 in the
console.
This gives you debug information, so that you ( and we ) can spot
possible problems.

Greetings,
Jan Schiefer!