[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: Remove GnomeMeeting from Gnome module list?

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 10:06 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 09:54 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > And I also wonder about this GEP with version numbers...
> >
> > Should I follow the version numbers from GNOME? I know it is better, but
> > it is also hard to achieve. Everybody knows that 2.00 will be the
> > release with SIP support. But if bump the version number to 2.12 (when
> > GM with SIP is ready), then it might become confusing for users.
> >
> > But again, if the release team decides that GnomeMeeting has to stay in
> > the modules, I will comply with any rule.
>
> We ask you to do it, but we don't force you to. Several modules do not
> do it. It only makes sense to do it if you expect to be very in-sync
> with the schedule.

	It might actually make more sense in this case and clear up the
confusion - i.e. if 1.0 had been 2.6.0 and 1.2.0 was 2.10.0, it would be
a lot more clear what going on here, right?

	But sure, its not like its a red line requirement that modules must be
in sync with GNOME versioning. I'd suggest that its just one of a number
of little ways that the module can be more integrated in the release
set. If GnomeMeeting must deviate from the norm in other ways, then
being in sync with GNOME versioning would help correct the perception.

Cheers,
Mark.