Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Gnomemeeting's future

Hi Craig,

> For example, Digium sells a G.729 codec license for Asterisk that is
> locked into the MAC address of the network cards. If you change your
> network cards, you need a new license, and they will only let you do
> that ONCE before you have to buy a new one.

there was entire sets of NICs sold with identical MAC addresses in the
past. I can change my MAC from system software on any decent OS, so
what's the *real* challenge of providing the matching MAC for the
license? (ok, my DHCP might go freaky)

At least for now i haven't found an answer that convinced me there is a
working DRM out there. (and i don't demand this answer to be found in
this thread - just making sure)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian