Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Can't register to Digisip

Hello! I've tried newest build by Thursday late evening. The problem
with registration lock-up seems solved now. Thanks! I wonder though,
shouldn't the status field in the account editor get cleared when you
unregister, instead of leaving the old message?

About the login problem, I learned that I was supposed to provide my
PSTN phone number as "username" field, rather than the numerical ID that
I used before. Using the phone number gives a message of "Registered"
initially, and it enables me to recieve calls.
But if I restart Gnomemeeting, it will then say "Registration failed:
Forbidden" even though the same login data is used this second time. And
I'm not very familiar with how SIP works, but despite the fact that I'm
supposedly not registered, I can still recieve calls, and there is a
message about 0 voicemails in the statusbar. Even if I delete the whole
account, I can still recieve calls. This seems strange, but maybe it's
how it's supposed to be?
Anyway, I have noticed that I can obtain a correct login response again
by:
- switching back to the erroneous numerical user ID
- try to log in, which naturally fails
- change user ID back to my phone numer
- try to log in, now it looks OK
Could there be some bug in updating status changes for an account?

Furthermore, I can't place outgoing calls at all. The error is "Security
check failed". There is no difference when I try directly after a
correct "Registered" status, or when in the dubious state as described
before.
Also, when trying to place a call, the ringing-tone (native to GM) just
goes on, but it's impossible to hang up. The GUI is still responsive,
but it doesn't hang up when I choose that option from the menu. Then
there will be a segfault automatically after some 40 seconds.
What do you think is the problem?
/Eric