Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Problem found!

Am Mittwoch, 3. August 2005 10:33 schrieb Jan Schiefer:
> Damien Sandras schrieb:
> >> I guess so, but the crash still worries me.
>
> I think, I found the problem.
>
> In enpoint.cpp:
>
> BOOL
> GMEndPoint::OnOpenMediaStream (OpalConnection & connection, << Call #6
> 			       OpalMediaStream & stream)
> {
>   if (!OpalManager::OnOpenMediaStream (connection, stream)) << Call #5
>     return FALSE;
>
>   /* Ignore streams from the PCSS Connection */
>   if (!PIsDescendant(&(connection), OpalPCSSConnection))
>     OnMediaStream (stream, FALSE);
>
>   return TRUE;
> }
>
> So, what's the problem here?
> The problem is, that OpalManager::OnOpenMediaStream is NEVER declared as
> real function, only as virtual.
> The only OnOpenMediaStream() in entire opal and gnomemeeting-opal is
> GMEndPoint::OnOpenMediaStream. You can search the sources.

Sorry, you are wrong here - OpalManager::OnOpenMediaStream() is defined in
opal/src/opal/manager.cxx, line 617. If you read the BT thoroughly, you will
find that the crash happens _inside_ OpalManager::OnOpenMediastream().
Unfortunately, your libopal has no debug information, so the BT is quite
useless ...

Please install a libopal version with debug information and try to reproduce
the bug.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/