Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] NAT detection added in teh druid

Damien Sandras a écrit :

Hello all,

I added NAT detection in the druid, please test it.

When the NAT type has been detected, GnomeMeeting displays a popup that
will permit to help the user configuring his NAT router, giving him an
advice.

However, it is only an advice, not an automatic configuration for the
simple reason that even if the NAT type has been detected, and even if
we know that IP translation is the most generic solution, it is not good
to auto configure IP translation because the user could want to use
another solution that will work for him. Imagine he has a SIP/H323
capable router, or he has a Gatekeeper in proxy mode or ...
How many of GM users are running behing such kind of devices? I guess that most of them will *not* be part of them so perhaps you could propose auto-configure as default. If I'm wrong forgive my intrusion ;-)

I didn't test it.

If you have comments about this design decision, feel free to
participate. We could imagine a serie of popups asking if the user wants
method X to be auto-configured, but I don't feel it is needed.
--
Daniel