Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New code:please test or comment

Le lun 27/09/2004 à 14:28, Josep Puigdemont a écrit :

> Sorry for the late answer. I don't remember which version I was using,
> but I normally update very often. Anyway, I found the following:
>
> 1) Erase all entries in "Calls history"
> 2) Now try to type some address, there'll still be entries in "cache"
> that will pop up while you type an adress, although we've deleted all
> entries in "calls history" (that might be a feature, though).
> 3) Now exit GM, and start it again.
> 4) Try to type an address, and of course none will show up (provided no
> one has tried to call you, and you didn't place a call between points 2
> and 3).
> 5) Call someone so there should be an entry for autocompletion to help
> you type later on. (I tried with Johnny's TV :)
> 6) Now try to type that address, unfortunately it's not in cache or
> autocompletion doesn't help you type it for some reason. If you exit and
> start GM again that address will appear in autocompletion.
>
> I suppose that the autocompletion entry reads the list of calls at start
> up, but doesn't update that list during execution time. This is somehow
> a bit unexpected, at least the recent calls I placed should pop up too,
> although I would also like to get rid of all other entries when I delete
> them from "calls history".

I have noticed that too. Believe me the cache is updated, for calls
history and for entries in the address book (I would like people to test
it). But GConf is asynchronous and it seems that sometimes the new value
is not in GConf's cache when the URL update is done. If you make a
second call, then the previous entry will be in the cache.

Is it something I should try to find a hack for or is it something
acceptable?
//\     FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone:  callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com