Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] DBUS component

Le jeudi 21 octobre 2004 à 13:57 +0200, PUYDT Julien a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> there should be three things attached to this mail:
> * a patch to re-enable events in gnomemeeting ;
> * a patch to add a dbus component to gnomemeeting ;
> * the sources of a little remote using dbus.
>
> The re-enabling patch isn't 100% clean for two reasons:
> 1) there's a mutex that wasn't there last time, and that I'm not sure
> won't be an issue

It was there before. If your signal emission is asynchronous, it won't
give any problem.

> 2) the disabling wasn't 100% clean either ;-)

That was a simple rm -rf :)

> The dbus component patch, as far as I remember, should be quite clean
> and not give any problem.
>
> The remote should mostly work, but will most certainly crash if any
> problem arises (ie: no error detection and handling in there -- don't do
> that for anything serious).
>
> Now, how to use those:
> * patch gnomemeeting (both) ;
> * compile gnomemeeting ;
> * install gnomemeeting (this will make sure gnomemeeting can be launched
> through dbus -- you can skip that step if you don't want that) ;
> * launch a dbus daemon (dbus-daemon-1 --session --print-address) and get
> its address ;
> * launch the remote with DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS set to what the daemon
> said ;
> * launch gnomemeeting (either from the remote if you installed it, or by
> hand, setting the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS).
> * now you should be able to use gnomemeeting as usual, and the remote
> will show if you're calling, in a call, etc...
> * or make/stop a call using the remote.
>
> If anything goes wrong, please notify me,

I'll read the code this WE, if you have a more documented version to
ease things in-between, don't hesitate to mail it :)

Once I've read it, we can apply it to CVS for 1.2, and perhaps we have
time to write a GAIM plugin? Is it hard?

Thanks for your work as usual,
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org