[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Packaging can start

Hi Kilian,

Official and unofficial packagers can start packaging openh323, pwlib
and gnomemeeting.

Craig has just tagged CVS for the new release.
Packages should be built with openh323 1.15.2 (tag v1_15_2) and pwlib
1.8.3 (tag v1_8_3), not with HEAD. Josep will have to test with it.

PWLIB should be built with :
1) --enable-plugins
2) all plugins should be compiled, OSS, ALSA, Firewire DC, Firewire AVC,
V4L, V4L2
3) the V4L, ALSA and OSS plugins should not be separate packages as it
puzzles users even on Debian, they should be part of the main pwlib
package. V4L2, DC, and AVC should be separate packages.

OpenH323 should be built with plugins support too. It is not needed to
ship plugins separately. Ideally they should all come with the openh323
package.

GnomeMeeting should be built with GNOME support, SDL support and HOWL
support. It is mandatory that howl-0.9.7 is used. We decline all
responsability if they force using any other version of the HOWL
package.

It would be nice to make sure 1.2.0 is included in major distributions.

It would be nice we have packages to distribute on www.gnomemeeting.org
for all current distributions : (FC2), FC3, SuSE, Mandrake, Debian, ...

Please CC me when mailing people so that I know it is done. Only
translations will change in GnomeMeeting and openh323/pwlib shouldn't
change except if a bug is discovered.

Thanks,
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org