Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] howl version

Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 09:27 +0200, Johnny Strom wrote:

Hi Malcolm

I have the howl 0.9.7 src.rpm here:
http://213.250.83.8/~johnny/fedora_core_2/src/

That you can rebuild on Fedora core 3 and then compile
gneomemeeting.

Thanks.

However, I think it would be good to know if 0.9.7 is required, or if
0.9.6 is OK - it would be nice if this compiled on a standard FC3
distribution without too many upgrades!

Yes I think the same we can ask damien if he allows 0.9.6 on
FC3, the problem was that with 0.9.6 so was there a crash problem
but not with 0.9.7.

 Cheers Johnny

Malcolm Caldwell wrote:

I am trying to compile on Fedora Core 3.

I have installed the howl and howl-devel packages.  FC3 has version
0.9.6.

During ./configure, I get a complaint that howl must be >= 0.9.7.

I have changed the check to look for 0.0.6 and gm compiles and runs
fine, although I don't know if the zeroconf stuff is working.

Is there something from 0.9.7 that is needed?