Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Zeroconf support

Le lundi 15 novembre 2004 à 20:40 +0100, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> Hi,

> > > I did start it on my gateway ; should I start it on each and every box?
> > Yes
>
> Uhm... What broken design is that?! And if so, shouldn't this be

That's decentralized, you do not need to run the daemon on a specific
machine, but you need to run it on each machine that wants to be
"rendez-vous" able :)

I suggest you to read the RFC and contribute back to the IETF if you
think you can improve the design.

> offloaded to some local daemon that's running anyway? Like E-D-S?

That's the case. mDNSResponder is a local daemon. All daemons on a LAN
synchronize together.

//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org