[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: 1.2 Roadmap - Name Change?

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le dim, 23/05/2004 à 18:21 +0200, PUYDT Julien a écrit :
On dim, 2004-05-23 at 15:44, Damien Sandras wrote:
Voximi
for "vox" - "see" - "me"

Opinions?
1) english speakers won't pronounce voximi with the sound you want if
you write it with an 'i' ;-)

We should ask to a native speaker.

I have a New Zealand accent so it would be "vox" (like fox) - "ee" (long 'E' like me) - "me"
A Englishman would probably say "vox" - "zimi" (like timmy)

I like the vox idea, so to extend on it how about...

Vox Populi

It could be a sort of play on words, it's traditional meaning is the voice of the people (i.e. popular opinion) but could also have a modern interpretation of a "popular voice application", it being popular because it also does video! However being normal language the good site names have gone.

Another option is...

Voxoptic

Meaning voice and visual.