[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Speed/quality : part 2

Hello to all,

I have just changed things again.

Old GnomeMeeting versions were using dynamic video quality for the H.261
codec. It means that if you were moving fast, the quality was
decreasing, and if you were "static" the quality was automatically
increasing to the maximum.

I found that algorithm to be the problem with H.263 from ffmpeg, and I
have moved GM back to the old way of doing things: constant quality.

You will notice that it has few impact on the video quality (Jonita and
me don't see a difference in normal situations), but it has a high
impact on H.263's quality : I can push the quality slider to the max and
I still get a decent framerate with my DSL connection.

I would like that you try it, if possible also with H.261.

Do you notice a difference with the older GnomeMeeting versions in terms
of video quality?

Thanks,

Damien