[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Support for ov519 webcams..

Hi!

In the ov511/ov51x page, we can read:

"Q: Why doesn't your driver work with my Video4Linux application (Xawtv, for
example)?
 A: The problem is that Video4Linux currently has no way to describe data as
being in JPEG format (there might be an ID for MJPEG, but that is different).
As a result no applications support JPEG input yet. Since there is no
generally accepted library for handling Video4Linux format conversions, every
application will need to be modified to support JPEG. The alternative
(decompressing JPEG in the kernel) would never be accepted by the kernel
maintainers, and it would cause quality loss if the app wanted to recompress
to JPEG. Fortunately, JPEG is pretty easy to implement in an application by
using the libjpeg library. If I get some free time, I will try to do this
with Xawtv and maybe Gnomemeeting."

With the drivers comes a test app that show how to obtain a 640x480 jpeg image
form the cam..

Could you add a support for this type of cam?

I'm working on it but I'm not sure I'll suceed..

Thanks!

Romain