[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: query about gnomemeeting code

Hi,

Le sam, 27/03/2004 à 03:00 +0530, Ravi Vijay a écrit :

> Hi Damien,
>
> Me and my friends , here at Indian Institue of Technology Bombay,INDIA ,
> have taken "gnome-meeting 0.98.5" as our subject for our Software Systems
> Lab(one of our 2nd year courses involving study of softwares).We are
> aiming at providing a multi-connection facet(without server i.e. over LAN)
> to the above version.

Good idea, I think one of your friends already mailed me. You can take
the code from OpenMCU (another OpenH323 project) as example.

> Now we have read nearly all the important files of the source. There are a
> few things that i would like to ask you:
>
> 1)Firstly , which is file which is executed first when genomemeeting is
> run or may be is there a  main thread that is in the background all the
> time . If there is a main thread then where is it mentioned in the code.

The main method is in main_window.cpp. The main class is in
gnomemeeting.cpp.

> 2)Secondly , which is the part of the code actually delemits the number of
> logical channels that are opened when a connection is made.Also in which
> part of the code are the logical channels actually instantiated and opened
> for tranfer of data.

There is no limit, everything is the result of OpenH323 callbacks. The
audio and video channels are opened in endpoint.cpp to the request of
OpenH323. Each connection can have several audio and video channels. The
endpoint can currently only have one connection at a time, each incomin
connection happening when you already are in a call is rejected in
endpoint.cpp (OnIncomingCall iirc).

You should remove that limit and make sure you mix together the data
received from the various audio and video channels.

> It would be very helpful to us if you could sort out our querries.
>
> thanx in advance
>
> bye

> *  raVIjay     *
> *  Sophomre    *