Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Question about Evolution-Data-Server

> If I understood well, the goal of tearing eds out of evo is to make it
> possible to use for the whole desktop.
>
> Perhaps it would be nice to have a gm-specific little addressbook, with
> little information, but with speed-dial ; to be more explicit:
> * gm would have a (short) list of addressbooks (ils, eds, whatever);
> * and a little "speeddial" addressbook.

I think the speed dials have to be integrated into the both address
books. But do you see more something like this in the GUI :
- ILS
- Local GnomeMeeting contacts
- Evolution contacts

Or would you only have the second one or the last one?

My main worry is still that if our code depends on EDS :
- it adds a new dependancy again, making KDE users run away
- it removes the possibility to have a windows port with a working
address book

I also think that if we give the possibility to compile with or without
EDS, we will have 2 different codes to maintain for 2 implementations of
the same thing. That's something I don't like :|

(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org