Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] SIP support

As Damien is away on holidays, I will take the liberty of answering this
message. I apologise in advance to Damien if I say anything that is
incorrect or misleading.

As GnomeMeeting is based on OpenH323, it is logical that when
GnomeMeeting supports SIP it will use the next version of OpenH323 that
also supports SIP. This project is called OPAL, and although it has had
a long and difficult gestation, it will soon be ready.

Damien has said that he will start integrating OPAL into GM as soon as
OPAL is ready. We're working hard on OPAL, and some people are already
using it. We hope to have the first release ready soon (less than a
month)

The SIP support in OPAL is not based on oSIP, but it a native rewrite of
the SIP protocol to maximise the re-use of exisiting components, and to
provide the best integration with the OPAL VoIP engine.

   Craig