Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Sound events

Hi Damien,

> However, the dial and busy tones are played through the device chosen
> for the sound events. I realize that people would perhaps like to have
> the busy and dial tones played in the headset and only the ring signal
> on incoming calls played through the speakers, but I think that being
> able to play each of the sound events through a different device can be
> overkill and confusing for average users.

well, i think too that for something you initiate, the output should be
on the in-call-audio-device whereas a call you don't control (i.e. the
incoming event) should be played to the external speakers. Having the
outgoing ringtone on the speakers sounds like an unneeded accustic air
pollution to me. ;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian