Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] gnomemeeting 1.0

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 18:00, Damien Sandras wrote:

> >I still see the same strange speaker icon with today's snapshot.
> >

> Yes, the difference is that it is toggled to mute the transmission, and
> not when the transmission is active. What would you suggest?

I guess the behaviour is good.

The problem is with the actual icon.

     1. A speaker is the device that plays audio.  So the icon does not
        make sense as audio transmission has nothing to do with a
        speaker (unless we are talking about the remote speaker ;) ).
        IMHO it should be a microphone.
     2. The icon is hard to read - on my screen I find it very hard to
        if mute is on or off.  (Slight difference in the icon's
        background colour).

IMHO the icon should be a microphone, and a red cross be put through it
when mute is on.  This is what commercial h323 applications I have used
use.