[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Name update in the plugins

Hi,

this post is about the bug Damien found: for V4L, the list of devices
doesn't look updated when refresh is cliked in the UI; I studied how the
various plugins worked in that respect.

== VIDEO ==

* AVC: ok (the dico can get out of sync, and contain old entries, but
the visible result is always good, and those old entries can have a
use);
* BSD: ok (doesn't really detect devices, but returns a fixed list of
entries);
* DC: ok (likewise, but checks the files exist before adding them to the
list);
* V4L: bad: never updates the list after the first computation! I
proposed a way to fix that to Damien; I can confirm the bug is there.

== SOUND ==

* ALSA: ok? It seems the list is gotten through calls to the alsa lib,
and hence, should work ok, Damien will reply and confirm it is;
* ESD: ok: fixed list (one item);
* OSS: ok, but awfully complex;

Conclusion: only one plugin has the problem, and the fix is known! I'll
try to translate my proposed fix in answer to that mail.