Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Wiz bang its an answering machine

Well,

	That is a solution that I did not see.  One thing that stands out to me
is that in order for your computer to redirect the call to another
place, i.e. a answering center, it must be online.  Why go to an outside
service that your computer can handle alone.  As far as the question
about recording the video to the drive.  Yhea I know that it not
implemented, but it should not be that hard to pull off.  I was not able
to see the upcomming features on the website, maybe I just did not look
hard enough.  I think that this should be handled directly in the
application.  That goes against my desire to stick with the old unix way
of small programs that are super good at what they do tied together at
the shell.  It could be a new window that pops up when you ask for it
that shows which calls you have missed.  Some could just do audio but I
think that the ability to have a video message is above and beyond,
which is what apps like this need to be doing.  This is a wonderfull
application.  The video answering machine would be something that
netmeeting does not have.  I dunno.  I guess I am just lobbying for the
whole package, fully managed video messages.

Justace