Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Problem building gnomemeeting on Solaris

Hello Brian,

Le mer, 14/04/2004 à 15:04 -0500, Brian Cameron a écrit :
> I am having trouble building gnomemeeting on Solaris because the
> configure script seems to require Quicknet support.  I notice that
> it figures out if Quicknet support is present by grepping through
> include/openh323/openh323buildopts.h for "HAS_IXJ 1".
>
> I notice Openh323's configure script sets this HAS_IXJ via the
> following test:
>
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(linux/telephony.h sys/telephony.h /usr/local/include/sys/telephony.h, HAS_IXJ=1)
>
> These header files do not exist on Solaris.  I'm not sure if there are
> certian extra modules I need to be installing on Solaris to get these
> extra headers.  The fact that one header is named "linux/telephony.h" makes
> me wonder if Quicknet is a Linux-only feature.  I notice this posting

I think there is no driver for Solaris.

> I notice that there are some IXJ drivers here:
>
> http://www.openh323.org/bin/
>
> Should I be trying to build ixj-3.1.0-src.tar.gz on my machine to get this
> working?

I don't think so.

> Is QuickNet support really necessary to build gnome-meeting?  Or could the
> code be reworked so that gnomemeeting would build if Quicknet support is
> not present?

A few releases ago, IXJ support was optional. There are still #ifdef
HAS_IXJ in the code. Then I decided there was no good reason why it
would be optional, and I forced to use it. You could simply remove the
test in configure.in and see until where it builds. It is only a matter
of moving some #ifdef here and there and it should be fairly easy (if
not already working).