[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re:[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list]possible PATCH for the V4L plugin, TESTING&FEEDBACK needed!

Our beloved gm master wrote:
> I think that you should check via the ioctl if
double-buffering is
> permitted by the driver and if it is not, then use the
current patch.
> But in the case it is available, keep using it.

Arg! That code is ugly enough already... there are already
tests to know if mmap works or not, etc...

/me thinks the whole plugin would need to be rewritten
(one thing prevents me to do this: v4l2 is supposed to appear
some day near)

Snark

PS: in case you want to know how I would write it better:
(...)PVideoDevice::GetFrameDataNoDelay(...)
{
  if(we_have_mmap && only_single_buffer)
    return GetFrameDataNoDelayMmapSingleBuffer(...);
}
that would make the various code path really separate, and
make it easier to write/debug/share as much code as possible
between them to avoid bugs.