Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Little bugs in the druid, in the devices' tests

Le mer 10/09/2003 à 20:10, PUYDT Julien a écrit :

> I consider it as a bug, since the new chosen device was applied to the
> main window _before_ being successfully tested... if gm hadn't been able
> to use it for the preview, I would have been instantly greeted with an
> error message before I had the time to click on the test button!
>
> And I won't provide a patch real soon, since I have to finish
> yet-another-version of the plugins' system...

I don't consider it as a bug yet, but see my other mail.

> > The success message disappears when you are doing a new test. Nothing
> > weird here.
>
> I think it should disappear when it doesn't apply anymore, ie: when the
> chosen device is changed.

That is not doable easily due to the gconf subsystem and the way
callbacks work.

> > Thanks for the report, at least one person is testing! That's good.
>
> Well, I was testing the next version of the plugins' system... and
> passing by, I saw that... [of course, I reinstalled an earlier version
> to check the problems weren't from the new code]
>
> I found a new problem: that error opening the audio device happens
> randomly... sometimes it just works ==> feels like a synch problem
> between several threads, trying to access the same device, which is
> weird.

I can't reproduce that problem here. Can you be more precise? I'm using
ALSA here and I can confirm at least Kilian and me have no problem
opening the audio device, also there is no sync problem possible: when
you click the test button a second time, it will be possible to
reactivate the audio test only after the audio device has been closed. I
will ask you to investigate a bit more on this if you have a local
problem as it is not generally reproducable.