RE: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Addressbook again

Le mar 28/10/2003 à 19:23, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> How about "speed dial"?

I think that is a bad idea. The speed dial is something else implemented
in GnomeMeeting but that also exists in other VoIP software. A speed
dial is a number shortcut. But what follows is an EXCELLENT idea.

> Further, we could merge it with the speed dial shortcut names. Ever name
> that has the speeddial field != "" gets listed in a dropdown-arrow-list
> located left from the connect button.

That's however a very good idea and very logical too.
We wouldn't have a special group name, but every user that has a speed
dial would already automatically be a favorite and would automatically
be available through the menu. That is very logical. If you put a speed
dial to a contact, that is because it is one of your favourites.

> I.e. <ascii art> URL: [                             ] [^][=>]  </ascii art>
>
> Also an autocompletetion with ctrl-k (like in M$ Outlook) or any other
> hotkey to ask for possible completetions would make sense imho.

> Like i can type
> @seconi<ctrl-k>
>
> And get:
> @seconi
>   Damien <d   sec   >
>   Jonita <j   sec   >

That will *perhaps* be possible with GTK 2.4 and the autocompletion
GtkEntry.

> Further, if i dial an incomplete speeddial it gets mapped to the matching
> one, if there's only one.
>

> Hope, this is not asked too much.. If so, just see it as a pool of ideas..
> (The basics were taken from outlook, The Bat! and alike)

The auto-completion thing will be possible with GTK 2.4. Actually
auto-completion from all contacts will be possible.

So now, for johnny, stéphane, hakon and others contributing to this
thread :
- do we cancel the Favourites/fast call special group idea and
automatically display the contacts with a speed dial in the Call menu or
in the drop down menu?

I think yes. I think it is an excellent idea. But it has to be
documented.

- do we add a submenu in the call menu like this :

-------------
Connect
Disconnect
-------------
Speed dials -> (Here you get another menu with the favourites)
-------------
Available
Free for chat
Busy

or do we use a drop-down menu triggered by an arrow connected to the
connect button?

(I prefer the previous for space maximization, ease of code, and the
fact that the users will explicitely that only the speed dials are
listed there).

Kilian, I LOVE YOUR IDEA !

--
 _	Damien Sandras