RE: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] XDAP or not XDAP

Hi Damien,

> > What features will be lost when you completely remove XDAP ?
> >

> The possibility to execute scripts to place the uptime in
> your comment, the possibility to change "fixed" parameters
> permitting to make the server and other users believe you are
> using "Netmeeting" from "Microsoft" instead of "GnomeMeeting"
> from "GNOME".

Even if i don't see the large advantage for dropping a direct dependancy in
favour of an indirect, i think the following applies:

- we want to have a clean codebase for GM 1.00
- thus we need a cleaned up XDAP or revert it to ILS from the libs
- the advantages of XDAP are not supported by us, nor encouraged
- adding SIP will require a new directory scheme, which will replace XDAP
anyway

So i come to the conclusion: unless XDAP gets fixed, we have no reason to
keep it for now. We should rather look forward to a directory-system that
can cope with h323, sip and more so we can extend GM easily in the future.
(Even Zanee could have his x-face-on-ring-feature then ;))

Hth.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian