[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New druid, how would we do this?
- From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
- To: gnomemeeting-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New druid, how would we do this?
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:14:43 +0200
Hello to all,
The current configuration druid is good, but suffers of several
problems. One of them, is that people are automatically registered to
ILS because the druid makes the confusion between callto URLs and ILS
and forces users to get a callto address.
I think that the main purpose of ILS is to get a callto.
The main purpose of the druid is to help the user for the first time
Here is what I propose :
1) First pane:
Ask to the user his firstname and lastname. Explain him that it is used
when he is calling other users. Also ask him is email.
2) Second pane:
Explain to the user what is a callto user and give him a choice:
* I don't need a callto address, thanks
* I want ils.seconix.com/email_given_at_pane_1 as callto address
Then put a check box :
* Make my callto address public on ils.seconix.com
If the user chooses that "I want ... as callto", and that his port is is
unreachable, display a big red message :
YOU ARE UNREACHABLE FROM THE OUTSIDE, THE CALLTO ADDRESS WONT WORK
3) Third pane:
Test Audio setup
4) Fourth Pane:
Test Video setup
No more PC-To-Phone setup, at least not there.
Settings will only be applied when the user clicks on "Finish"
_ Damien Sandras
(o- GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
//\ FOSDEM 2003: http://www.fosdem.org
H.323 phone: callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com
] [Thread Prev