Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ILS, big problem

Once upon a time at band camp Tue, 14 Oct 2003 1:33 am, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I have created a small script in Perl that gets the IP and port from ILS
> and that tries to open a socket to the given IP / port.
>
> The result is very bad :
> 82 hosts are correctly configured on a total of 236 hosts
>
> I suppose that some people can do calls even if they are not callable at
> all. But that is a big problem. I would rather have an ILS with only 82
> registered people, instead of an ILS full of misconfigured people.
>
> Any ideas?

not a nice idea  but ban uncontactable users with a message why they are
banned and ask them to correct there configuration.  which is probably mostly
incorrectly configured NAT clients.  the odd time  i decide to go for a
random  chat mostly i cant connect to anyone   it is kinda frustrating.

Dennis