Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Druid fixed

On jeu, 2003-11-06 at 20:33, Kilian Krause wrote:

> i seem to have put it wrong then.. it happens the *SAME* when i have
> V4L1 loaded with the preview.. (still V4L1 can't tell the name in the
> druid, but V4L can...)
> so this is not the problem with V4L locking the device from V4L1..
> (i can try to reproduce the bug tonight, but that was the behaviour when
> i first reported the bug - i had V4L1 loaded then and V4L1 failed for
> the druid back then)

Hmmmm... you know, V4L1 was obtained by butchering V4L, so it is highly
possible that something was lost in the way. In fact, V4L1 only exist
for users using a very precise driver... the rest of the world should
never use it. As I said, rewriting V4L to handle everything with the
same codebase would be nice, and fix this type of problems.

Snark

PS: don't fix V4L1, write a better V4L, trash V4L1... any taker?