Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] The choice

Le ven 02/05/2003 à 15:29, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> So well, we can also keep "callto://" URLs, but then we will have a
> problem with SIP as SIP URLs do not support ILS either.
>
> So we would need to break the callto reference to extend it and that
> would become very tricky for users...

Well, supporting h323 urls is a must since it _is_ a standard (contrary
to callto urls). But:
1. callto urls support should continue, for compat reasons;
2. callto urls support is what makes gm's address book usable => as long
as no standard can do it too, callto should continue for feature
reasons.

Now, if the question is "what should gm do if a user doesn't provide
h323: or callto:, but something like foo bar?" then, of course, gm
should consider it is an h323 url, and rewrite it that way, so the user
knows what happens...

Snark

PS: the rfc mentions url-parameters, whose definition I understand up to
"can be there or not, and is a ;-separated list of something", that may
add more features, but still aren't documented.