Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [Fwd: Re: URL bugs?]

<ironic>
O, I typed http:micasa:505 in my webrowser and it though that "micasa"
was the loginname and 505 the password. (/me is happy that his browsers
is not broken.
</ironic>

My point is that urls were not designed to be intuitive (in the sense
that you could understand them only by seeing them), but precise.
If you want to call the seconix.com host at port 1721 just type
http://seconix.com:1721 as you would have done in any app that accepts
urls. If you need your login to that server type
http://imdamienthemaster seconix com:1721. Want your passwd too?, no
prob: http://imdamienthemaster:iswearyou seconix com:1721. In my
opinion, what is not intuitive is to try to treat http:seconix.com:1721
as a valid url..., because that breaks consintence with the rest of urls
in the world ;)

PD: It is too early in the morning, and i haven't drink any coffee yet,
so I probably didn't express myself properly... If in doubt, asl me ;)