Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ILS extension on ils.seconix.com

Le ven 03/01/2003 à 15:39, PUYDT Julien a écrit :

> This means I can't know a friend is online if I don't try to call
> him/her?

No, in the different groups, there would be a Refresh button, and it
would permit to show if your friends are online or not.

> I don't like it...

You never like new ideas.

> > If you think it is a good idea, we could use the ilsa39321630 attribute
> > proposed by Microsoft but unused by Netmeeting :
>
> Unused by nm? Why did they propose that attribute then?

mailto://bill gates microsoft com ;)

> I really don't like your idea.
>
> I want to be able to killfile someone that has the habit to call every
> name on the server; has nothing to say; has sex-oriented things to say;
> or a combination of all, but still be callable by friends, or unknown
> people just trying to do some tests...

My idea doesn't mean that filters wouldn't be implemented. It is just a
way to be joignable without being published on ILS. To be honest, I
don't really like to be online on ILS with my name published, that is
why I'm in Do Not Disturb mode. But what is the point in registering and
being in Do Not Disturb?

Many users don't register to ILS and mail the IP or use another mean of
communication just because they don't want to be published to everybody.
That is the proof that ILS is not a good communication medium in its
current state.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org