Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Last snapshot

 !!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR for all GnomeMeeting users !!!

% *** Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote: ***
% Hi all,
%
% The last snapshot will be ready at 1am tonight.
%
% It needs a lot of testing especially now that 0.95 is near, very near.
% 0.94.1 was not a very good release because it was not tested enough,
% please help torturing GnomeMeeting now before the release.
%
% What's new?
%
% Many things including:
%
% - I reintroduced the mixers back in the prefs, but they are now
% auto-detected. It is still possible to use them to modify the volume of
% Quicknet cards. With mixers you can change the volumes at any moment and
% not only during calls, even for the quicknet card.

Quicknet card works well. The volume slider (related to mixer device ?)
change volume dynamically during the call. Really good job, Damien !

% - The Configuration Druid has been changed for the audio test. Some
% users think that it works simply because they hear themselves in the
% speakers, but that is just the microphone feedback, to prevent the
% confusion, the new audio tester waits 5 seconds before playing back what
% is recorded. Please test it in weird cases. (For example, I tested it
% when I was in call, it is a nice test).

No comment.

% - The Addressbook is now finished. I reintroduced the search filters. I
% added Drag and drop support (you can drag an user from ILS in a group to
% which he doesn't belong yet). You can even drag an user from a group or
% from ils to the GM window and it will call the user!!
% I added a way to modify users in groups and to create new users that are
% not listed in ils or elsewhere.

I like it. I can put a nick for a name of user.

But when I search a user from the list of ILS, I still read the info
line by line. It's not important anyway.

The address book in this version GM looks nicer than the H.323 client
i5020 of Nortel Ltd.

% Everything respects the gconf standard and you can modify everything
% with gconf-editor, and GM reacts well. Not all apps respects that.
%
% Please test everything carefully, your main objective now is not to
% confirm that GnomeMeeting works, your main objective is now to try to
% crash it.
%

When I started GM, I got video, sound normally. But when I quit it, wait
for about 5 sec, I restart GM then I get no picture while the messages
"Opening Video device" "Video Device Opened" are showed at the bottom of
menu. I stop and retry GM again, no images from Webcam. I don't know
what it happens ?

Regards,

Truong

--