[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Esound in GnomeMeeting

Hi all,

tonight I hacked a bit on the current ESD support in PWLib to make it
work under Linux together with OSS. Theorically, you should be able to
use Esound as output and your webcam microphone as input with
GnomeMeeting with my hack based on shawnh's work.

I had to use the enhanced Esound version contributed by Volker Braun on
this mailing list a few days ago. Without that enhanced version, it is
not usable. Volker, I suggest you to mail fcrozat mandrakesoft com on my
behalve so that he can integrate the patches into the main Esound.

However, the result is not satisfying yet compared to direct OSS output.
I think Esound was not designed for that and will probably never have a
direct support inside GnomeMeeting because the quality is not good
enough.

Esound is satisfying, but the quality is still far below pure OSS use.
That is the reason why I will probably never support Esound directly as
output in GnomeMeeting, even not as an option.

--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>