Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Very bad sound with 2.6.0

Hi,

However, I have several problems with 2.6:
- ACPI not working
- using USB freezes my computer

I would be very happy to hear reports from you all about :
- sound
- video
- gm on 2.6.0 in general

GM 0.98.5:

Well, I use 2.6 kernel and it seems to be OK. but I only connected to Netmeeting using GSM, which sucks quality wise (I think it is a problem of GSM codec and not kernel/GM). I found out disabling video made sound better (but stil not good in comparison to speex), whcih made me wonder, as with DSL connection I should have more than enough bandwidth.

Other then that I have an nforce2 with apic and acpi and latest alsa 1.0.0rc2 enabled.

Still waiting for some GM 0.99 ebuilds. :-)

D A