Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ALSA module

Le jeu 14/08/2003 à 18:51, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Jonita was not ready, so I did a new version before leaving.

She was making you run, then made you wait!? Terrible...

> /me is crazy

Well, I must admit my wife does the same, and that it really bothers me
too... But at least, she didn't wait until you were out of town before
telling you "Oups! I forgot ..., let's get back quick!"...

> > - In some cases, the audio will drop and the codec will be closed. I
> > know why, Ill fix it.
>
> Still present

Ok.

> > - There is still a weird behavior when the open of the device fails.
> > That will disappear once people will be using either OSS or ALSA but not
> > both at the same time. Julien is working on that.
>
> Not present anymore

Eh? I thought a new API was needed to cope with it (and I wrote the code
for it)?

> > - Too many devices are detected. For example, the microphone of the
> > webcam can not be used as a player (only recorder) but it is in the list
> > of possible players. That will be fixed.
> >

> Not present anymore: a webcam microphone can not be used to play sound,
> only to record, so it won't be listed as player, only as recorder. Great
> no? ;)

Nice.

> PS: The code is still uncleaned, don't look at it, but test it!

I had a look:
* your GetDeviceNames is funny, I wouldn't have done that that way;
* what happens if I have the same card twice? (this is Johnny's question
-- he already got me on that one)
* SNDIN&SNDOUT are no more, use SoundIn&SoundOut;
* you have stub functions that return TRUE, they really should return
FALSE;

Now, I compiled & tested it in this setting:
* I use ALSA with my nice soundcard;
* but I'm still using the usb audio for my cam mic (ie: not ALSA);
==> it works! (testing & talking)

I will let it run some time to check for stability when I'll have
released BETA9 with it ;-)