Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Interesting for GnomeMeeting

Hi Damien,

DS> Unfortunately it means one more dependancy. I'm not sure either that
DS> distributions can ship with ffmpeg...

looks like debian doesn't ship packages either.. that doesn't need to
keep us from providing them though =)

DS> But here is the news :
>>  I would like to point out that AliceStreet have commissioned some work to
>> add the ffmpeg library to openh323, so the H263 codec is made available.
>>
>> Once that work is out there ( < 2 weeks) the mpeg4 should be very doable.
>>

DS> H.263 is far better in terms of bandwidth than H.261, it is what Netmeeting is using.
DS> However, I don't know if it is legal or not !

DS> If it is legal, then I will add it to GM. And we will discuss if it makes sense to let
DS> the choice to the user to use the one or the other or if we simply add H.263 as preferred codec.

i think it'd be great to use it as preferred codec.. is there by any
chance the possibility to add the codec check to gnomemeeting binaries
disregarding the currently installed lib.. like same GM will use h.263
if it's in the openh323 and don't use it if it's not.. (without
changing the installed binaries)?

--
Regards,
 Kilian